Health Inspectors' Process
Health Inspectors are there to help you and the restaurant! Learning the inspection process will help reduce anxiety and pressure of the inspection process.
HOW OFTEN WILL A HEALTH INSPECTION HAPPEN AT MY RESTAURANT?
- Prior to opening.
- At least once between January 1 and June 30 and at least once between July 1 and December 31 of each year.
- Check with your county health office.
WHAT TYPE OF INSPECTION SHOULD I EXPECT?
- Complete-Unannounced inspector will complete inspection covering all items in the regulations for compliance.
- Follow-up Inspection- re-inspecting critical items that were not in compliance at the time of the routine inspection.
- Complaint - complaint received by the health department. The details of the complaint will be assessed and examined.
WHAT TYPES OF VIOLATIONS CAN BE SITED?
- Critical-Violations of Food Regulations, could have resulted in contamination or illness
- Non-Critical Violations-Violations not connected to the cause of food-borne illness, but if uncorrected, could hinder the operation of the restaurant. Violations that are not correct could result in a critical violation.
- Critical Violation Examples - Food Temp Control, Sanitation, Improper Pluming, Pest, and Toxics Items.
- Non Critical Example- predominantly maintenance and sanitation issues that are not likely to be the cause of a food borne illness.
MORE FROM FRESH ADMIN:
The Center Moore is providing Guatemala’s children health care that their country desperately needs.
Looking for buyin to using checklists at your restaurant? Read or listen to this podcast to magnify the importance of checking items off.
Trying to figure out the truth at work or home?
A compliment sandwich is an option for small corrections at work.
How to manage employees when they are mad or obstinate…
The Taziki’s Franchise Conference was a working conference where everyone learned new information to take back to the restaurant. Learn more…
A Book Review from Part 1 of Zingerman’s “Guide To Good Leading”
Looking to open a business? Need to know how to apply for a bank loan? Here are some thoughts about what the bank needs to make a decision.
What does your org chart look like? Read the Starfish and the Spider to understand the success of companies with unique structure.