Health Inspectors' Process
Health Inspectors are there to help you and the restaurant! Learning the inspection process will help reduce anxiety and pressure of the inspection process.
HOW OFTEN WILL A HEALTH INSPECTION HAPPEN AT MY RESTAURANT?
- Prior to opening.
- At least once between January 1 and June 30 and at least once between July 1 and December 31 of each year.
- Check with your county health office.
WHAT TYPE OF INSPECTION SHOULD I EXPECT?
- Complete-Unannounced inspector will complete inspection covering all items in the regulations for compliance.
- Follow-up Inspection- re-inspecting critical items that were not in compliance at the time of the routine inspection.
- Complaint - complaint received by the health department. The details of the complaint will be assessed and examined.
WHAT TYPES OF VIOLATIONS CAN BE SITED?
- Critical-Violations of Food Regulations, could have resulted in contamination or illness
- Non-Critical Violations-Violations not connected to the cause of food-borne illness, but if uncorrected, could hinder the operation of the restaurant. Violations that are not correct could result in a critical violation.
- Critical Violation Examples - Food Temp Control, Sanitation, Improper Pluming, Pest, and Toxics Items.
- Non Critical Example- predominantly maintenance and sanitation issues that are not likely to be the cause of a food borne illness.
MORE FROM FRESH ADMIN:
s a society, we have become much more aware of where and how our food is produced. We hear terms like "Organic" "GMO-Free" and "Fair Trade" regularly …
Is your state hands-free or restricting younger drivers? Check out this chart to be in the know.
What are you growing? Take a peak at the Biggest Little Farm movie in theaters now.
Need a reason to disconnect? Read this for some compelling new reasons.
The Center Moore is providing Guatemala’s children health care that their country desperately needs.
Looking for buyin to using checklists at your restaurant? Read or listen to this podcast to magnify the importance of checking items off.
Trying to figure out the truth at work or home?
A compliment sandwich is an option for small corrections at work.
How to manage employees when they are mad or obstinate…